1. Where can I download PAOB APP?
You may download here
or simply visit your mobile device app store (iOS: App Store/ Android: Google Play) and search “PAOB” for our APPs!
2. Are there any fees of downloading the APP?
The PAOB APP is free to download.
3. What devices does PAOB APP support?
PAOB APP is supported on Apple iPhones with iOS 12.3 or above and smartphones with Android 7 or above
4. If I am using a modified or a jailbroken/ rooted device, can I use PAOB APP?
If your device has been modified or being detected as a jailbroken / rooted mobile device, you will not be allowed to continue using our APP. A warning will appear on the screen to inform you that the device is not a proper tool to use our APP since this kind of device might be less secure or may lead to fraudulent transaction. For security reason, please use a non-modified/ non-jailbroken / rooted mobile device to use our APP.
5. Will I be able to receive SMS one-time password (OTP) when I am not in Hong Kong?
If you are not in Hong Kong and using overseas mobile service providers, the service provider may not support the receipt of international SMS. You may need to activate your roaming service to enable it for completing any instructions. Please note that fees and charges may apply and do consult your mobile service provider for more details before doing so.
6. I have forgotten my username and password. What can I do?
We strongly encourage you to keep your banking credentials secure. If you have forgotten your username and password, simply click “Retrieve user ID” or “Forget Password” on the login page of PAOB APP. You should be able to reset your login credentials when the process is completed.
7. Any requirement of setting up password?
To protect your account, your password should:
- contain 8-16 digits and letters
- contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter
- contain one special character
- not use 5 or more same and consecutive digits or letters
- not use the username as your password
- not use the password that being used for past 3 times
8. If my mobile device is lost and I would like to suspend my account, what should I do?
You can simply contact our 24 Hours General Enquiry & Technical Support Hotline: (852) 3762 9900, we will take care of it immediately.
9. How do I log into my account?
You can login to your PAOB APP with your user ID & password or biometric ID. You will be able to view your account details if you have successfully login to your account
10. Do you support biometric authentication for login?
We support Touch ID/Face ID for logging to the APP. You would have to trust your device by going to “Settings” in our APP in order to enable biometric authentication.
11. How do I disable Touch ID/Face ID in PAOB APP?
You can disable the Touch ID/Face ID under the "Settings" drop down menu in our PAOB APP.
12. How will your bank safeguard customer's personal information?
Network security is our top priority. We employ the Transport Layer Security (TLS), which is one of the strongest encryption technology most commonly used by large-scale online merchants, banks, and brokerages worldwide. The online sessions between you and the bank are protected by encryption, which best protects your information against disclosure to third parties. Our web servers are protected with network "firewalls" and our systems are constantly monitored to prevent any unauthorized access. The retention period of personal information provided by customers (including incomplete application) would be in accordance with the internal policy.
13. Will other parties be able to access my HKID photo?
PAOB safeguard our customer interest and customer data protection is our top priority. All photos of Hong Kong Identity Card will only be used for account opening and subsequent identity verification (e.g. fund transfer, uplift transaction limit, etc.) PAOB has high standard of cyber security precautions and strict operation guideline to follow.
14. What language can I choose on your APP?
Our App currently supports Traditional Chinese and English.
15. Can I access PAOB APP if I don't have network on my device?
You could only access PAOB APP only if you have access to the Internet.
16. Can I access the APP if I’m outside Hong Kong?
As long as you have access to the Internet with a recommended device, you will be able to access PAOB APP anytime and anywhere.
17. Can I unsubscribe advertising materials?
If you no longer wish to receive any direct marketing materials or messages from the PAOB, please login our APP and find "Edit Personal Info" or contact our 24 Hours General Enquiry & Technical Support Hotline: (852) 3762 9900 to cancel.
Please be noted that once you have disabled this service, we will not be able to notify any latest information to you directly.
18. Where can I find your company updates?
If you would like to follow PAOB's latest news, please visit our website: www.paob.com.hk or enable push notification in our APP.
19. Do you have a website?
Please visit our website at www.paob.com.hk
20. What should I do if I received bogus call?
If you receive a bogus call, please contact our 24 Hours General Enquiry & Technical Support Hotline: (852) 3762 9900. You may also leave a message to us on our live chat, our customer service officers will contact you by phone or response through the live chat on the next available time.
21. How do I report unusual account activity?
If you suspect any unusual account activities, please contact our 24 Hours General Enquiry & Technical Support Hotline: (852) 3762 9900.
You may also leave a message to us on our live chat session, our customer service officers will contact you on the next available time.